What questions should you ask prospective attorneys before you choose one to hire? There are many. Here are ten questions to get you started:
1. How long have you been practicing in the specific field of accident and injury law?
2. Are you a member of the Alabama Association for Justice?
3. How many cases have you tried to a jury?
4. Will you handle my case on a contingency fee (percentage fee) and front the expenses?
5. If I cannot come to your office, will you come to my location?
6. Are you licensed in the State of Alabama? Other States?
7. Do you have any references you can give me?
8. Have you taught any seminars?
9. How will you communicate with me once you are employed as my attorney?
10. If the insurance company doesn’t offer a fair settlement, are you willing to take my case to trial?
When you hire an attorney to represent you, you and your attorney become a team. You need to work together. Make sure you have a good team before you begin.