DID YOU KNOW?
Distracted driving is the number one cause of accidents. What is distracted driving? Well, there are three types according to the U.S. Department of Transportation:
1. Visual – eyes off the road
2. Manual – hands off wheel
3. Cognitive – mind off driving
TEXTING WHILE DRIVING INVOLVES ALL THREE TYPES OF DISTRACTIONS!!!
- Wireless Devices (primarily cell phones) are the #1 Driver Distraction.
- Texting while driving involves the highest degree of Driver Distraction.
- Number of texts per person per day is expected to nearly triple from 53 (2009) to 152 (2013).
This is a horrible problem we are dealing with nationally. REPORTS say that 16% of deaths involved driver distraction in 2009 (5,474 deaths). Research suggests this statistic is MUCH higher.
For more information on Texting and Driving, visit: